Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Bronte to love

Dear Sewing-lovers,

didn´t I post that the urge to sew has left me, just, say, two or three days ago?
Oh, what can I say, I coulnd´t resist to buy the Perfect Pattern Parcel #6, which just burst with fantastic patterns, so I rediscovered the sewing passion and made my first Bronte Top by Jennifer Lauren Vintage.


There have been a lot of pics and posts of gorgeous makes of this pattern, and, as usual, I´m behind the hype, but still, I have to blow into the same horn as all the other sewists before me:
The pattern has the potential to become a classic, it´s easy to sew, with the options of long or short sleeves and contrast binding (or not) just the way you like it.




I made mine in a size 8, which fitted straight out of the pdf ;-)
It came together within three easy hours, and that´s cutting and asembling the paper pattern and cutting the fabric included!

Jennifer suggests a medium to more heavy weight jersey for this shirt, but I went with a lightweight cotton jersey, which is very strechy. Turned out it was a good choice as the sleeves sit a teensy bit more snug than I like it under the armpits.


Apart from that, I´m really happy with the outcome of the pattern.
Because you don´t need much fabric it is perfect as a stashbuster, too.

There are some more Brontes to come from me, that´s for sure...(my stash is bursting with stuff, oh my god...).

Right, that´s my first make after my two month long trip in Australia and Japan.
The next countdown (to Burning Man Festival next September) will start soon.

Until then, 
happy sewing and don´t forget to let me know what you think or ask whatever you like.

Cheers,
Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment